Easy as ABC
The first and utmost important thing to do after installing a new software is its correct setup. We have already brought you some information about core customisation and custom screensaver setup in our previous blog posts and in this one, we would like to talk about the initial setup after first installation on a computer. In Redlike, the basic setup can be done in 5 up to 9 steps (5 are mandatory) based on your privileges whereas some of the steps contain substeps. This wizard is only activated with the first Redlike startup and after it has been finished, it is not required ever again – not even after reinstallation or software update because the latest setup is remembered. Given you set everything up even prior to the installation (via database), you can simply skip all the optional steps and start using Redlike immediately. All these settings can be changed directly in Redlike at any point.
As this might very well be the user’s first encounter with Redlike, we implemented fields with explanations about each section. These fields are highlighted by their light blue colour with white question mark and white description texts. Besides, each configuration item has an additional question mark which is always visible and located on the left side of it. These small hint tooltips clarify the function of the particular configuration item.
During the entire setup process, you can see the installed software version, active database, potential notifications, and at all times, you can use our virtual keyboard located in the bottom part of the screen.
5 Steps to Perfection
There are 5 mandatory steps in the wizard which must be followed:
- Language – this language will be used for the initial setup as well as for the software after the setup.
- License – license Redlike as described in the installation manual.
- Database – a nice way to add new databases from a zip or exe file. The view also serves for database version update.
- Login – the autologin from the active database is used if set. Usually, the autologin is set for user. In order to set up the steps 5-8, admin rights are required. If this has already been set via the database or you wish to do it directly in Redlike, it can be continued to the next step without any change. This will redirect you directly to the final 9th step.
- Summary – the last view features an overview of all the settings which were done (language, license version, database, login, machine, printer, spectro).
4 More Steps to Heaven
If you log in as administrator, you are at liberty to set the following settings up:
- Machine – select the correct machine and its driver and additional dispensing settings (for example machine unit, TMC, can sensors, validation options, UFI, etc.)
- Printer – select the default printer and templates to be used (or import new ones) and additional print options (for example automatic print).
- Spectro – select whether you want to be using a spectro and if so, which one and its driver.
- Environment – the most extensive section with the possibilities to set software options (fullscreen, ordering, Redlike Light), navigation items, formula settings (formula units, codes…), user preferences (custom formulas and packages, prices…), update options, and custom data import.
There Is Always More To It!
Intrigued? Want to know more? Just contact our Customer Care department and ask right away!